SA50P mix screw washer size?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sevyndaze
Spree
Spree

SA50P mix screw washer size?

Post by Sevyndaze »

Hi everyone-

IÔÇÖm in the process of undoing some of the ÔÇ£modsÔÇØ on a 2001 Honda Elite S. IÔÇÖve recently taken the carb apart to clean it, and when I screwed in the mix screw to count the turns, I discovered it was screwed all the way in. Not sure why, but the main issue is that when I removed it, there was no washer as pictured in the diagram. IÔÇÖd hate to have to order the screw set just for the washer.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the mix screw washer? IÔÇÖm thinking I can probably find one of the correct size at a hardware store. If not, what would be the consequence of not using it? Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
2001 Elite S (Derestricted)
Arrow Exhaust
Polini Variator
6.9g rollers
ZX Trans
1.5k Contra, 4k shoe springs
16/42 Gears
bonesv

Re: SA50P mix screw washer size?

Post by bonesv »

Was there an o-ring in there? I made a "tool" out of a guitar string to remove the washer and o-ring as they're usually stuck in there when removing the screw and spring. The washer protects the spring from damaging the o-ring I suppose.
The adjustment screw regulates the air coming into the pilot circuit and turning the screw all the way in closes the air completely off. Possibly the pilot jet was partially blocked and limiting the fuel flow?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Sevyndaze
Spree
Spree

Post by Sevyndaze »

Yes, o ring was there, but no washer. I replaced the o ring as part of the gasket set I ordered. As far as the mix screw position, im guessing it was an attempt to get more fuel into the mix to compensate for the air box/exhaust derestricting.
2001 Elite S (Derestricted)
Arrow Exhaust
Polini Variator
6.9g rollers
ZX Trans
1.5k Contra, 4k shoe springs
16/42 Gears
FredB32
BMX
BMX

Post by FredB32 »

Was this question ever answered? I'm also missing this washer and am hoping to not have to buy the whole screw kit just for that if anyone knows the size...I know this thread is a little older though :|
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

With the screw all the way in, Id say an upjet is needed. For the o-ring just take the screw with you to a hardware store for sizing. In my area, Ace Hardware has a zillion bins with every nut/bolt/screw/o-ring you can imagine. Much better selection than places like Lowes/Home Depot.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
FredB32
BMX
BMX

Post by FredB32 »

I'll definitely check Ace, but the OP was about the washer size, as was my follow up...and there's still no answer. Without the washer on-hand to compare it to, it'll be difficult to find a match. If it helps, the indicated washer is what it sounds like we're missing.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (13.72 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Without the washer on-hand to compare it to, it'll be difficult to find a match. If it helps, the indicated washer is what it sounds like we're missing.
1mm thick, 3mm id, 5mm od. Search the 'net or auction site for 'Keihin mixture screw washer'.