Normal oil volume at idle

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sevyndaze
Spree
Spree

Normal oil volume at idle

Post by Sevyndaze »

Hello again! As part of the work I am doing on my 2001 Elite SA50P (derestricted), I drained the boat oil the previous owner had been using, removed and cleaned the strainer, and bled the air out of the inlet line, the pump, and the outlet line, per the service manual's instructions. The manual says to start the engine with the pump outlet line removed from the carb and be sure that oil is being pumped out of the line.

How much oil should I expect to come out? I ran it for 1 minute at idle then cut it off; I got 2 or 3 drops of oil out of the outlet line. Is this normal? I just want to be sure the lubrication system is working properly.
2001 Elite S (Derestricted)
Arrow Exhaust
Polini Variator
6.9g rollers
ZX Trans
1.5k Contra, 4k shoe springs
16/42 Gears
bonesv

Re: Normal oil volume at idle

Post by bonesv »

Sevyndaze wrote:Hello again! As part of the work I am doing on my 2001 Elite SA50P (derestricted), I drained the boat oil the previous owner had been using, removed and cleaned the strainer, and bled the air out of the inlet line, the pump, and the outlet line, per the service manual's instructions. The manual says to start the engine with the pump outlet line removed from the carb and be sure that oil is being pumped out of the line.

How much oil should I expect to come out? I ran it for 1 minute at idle then cut it off; I got 2 or 3 drops of oil out of the outlet line. Is this normal? I just want to be sure the lubrication system is working properly.
Yes that's all it is at idle, a few drops.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861