2000 elite s

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jmarzousa1
BMX
BMX

2000 elite s

Post by jmarzousa1 »

Just picked up a completely stock elite s with 800 miles cleaned carb runs great runs smoth only will go 25 not even but it runs good what is the top speed on a S model? I know its restricted but my spree feels faster any ideas?
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Re: 2000 elite s

Post by vintagegarage »

I think you have the correct normal top speed for an S. If you simply remove part number 6 (called the "seal") in the following drawing along with the three bolts numbers 13, and make no other changes, you should go 30-31 mph. The seal keeps the variator from fully squeezing the drive belt out to the correct position for higher speeds. If you want to go faster, then further modifications will need to be done. There are many, many, discussions about this on the forum. Use the search feature to search for derestricting to see what others think. I would start with just removing the seal, and doing nothing else. Please report back how you do...

see:

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempart ... drive-face
jmarzousa1
BMX
BMX

Re: 2000 elite s

Post by jmarzousa1 »

We removed the seal last night and the three bolts it went 25 finally but just barley very slow pick up...as it was before....so we know the washer is still in the exhaust and the jet is stock so he ordered a set of jets and we are going to dremell out the washer..and see how it does...we know it shouldnt be a rocket but it has very poor throttle response...runs like a top and pulls at a stand still too but once your into it a spree or razz will beat it very easily