Help me solve a problem...Honda Lead (Aero) 80

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

2strokesnhashtokes
Noob
Noob

Re: Help me solve a problem...Honda Lead (Aero) 80

Post by 2strokesnhashtokes »

naturalsystem wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 pm Ok, so I've put the cover back on and will go for a ride / report back!

From what I read on various places online and talking to Brandon at Scooter Swap Shop, people have run up to 24mm carbs on the NH80... so I figured 21mm would be ok.
I will definitely look into the pilot jet and try downsize it to a #36 and test.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is all VERY new to me, but I'm so deep into it already I don't want to give up until the solution is found hahaha
Plus I love riding it!

Here are a couple of images of it recently :)

Hey I know this is kinda an old post but where did you get that exhaust?? Can we see a better pic of it? I have been looking all over for an expansion chamber for my 80. I was going to get one that looks close and cut and weld it to fit, or get a used cr80 pipe and do the same. but a bolt on would be nice.. I'm currently in the process of tuning up my aero 80. Have a stage 6 intake, polini 19mm cp carb filter and jet kit on the way. I cleaned the grease out of the variator , removed backplate and ordered some 10g weights. Also going to try a yellow mallossi contra spring for a honda dio since ive read they fit and help with the upshift issues. I eventually want to get a pipe and install a cr80 piston and machine my head down a bit if possible for more psi. I notice that on my aero the front pulley very small compared to the size of the variator... i wonder if we were able to fit a bigger front pulley and maybe a slight longer belt could we reach some much higher top speeds? looking at my yamaha zuma front pulley I think it would work pretty easily with a dowel inside to reduce the size from 12mm-to 10mm for the aero crankshaft, my zuma belt is also slightly wider and longer than the stock aero belt. Im going to try to do proper post on here when I get all these mods sorted out and tested. Also ordered an oversized rear pulley for a dio and a 107mm clutch and bell for a dio, going to see if the will fit, looking at diagrams I could find they look the same. cool to see pics of someone elses aero 80 modded a bit, ive read a little bit of others modding these things but have actually seen any yet until now. looks awesome
naturalsystem
Noob
Noob

Re: Help me solve a problem...Honda Lead (Aero) 80

Post by naturalsystem »

Hey mate, it was just a random 80-100cc 2 stroke exhaust from a wreckers. Cut and welded to suit. There are many people who do the style much better, with a better platform to begin with - look up 'bosozoku scooter' in google and you will be shocked!
I don't have the scooter anymore, but it ended up a little more modified than pictured here, with the japanese tail light and a little lower to the ground.
I managed to get it doing 108km/h with very little modification.
Good luck!
1986 Honda Lead 80 :lol: