1994 honda aero 80 wristpin bearing size?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Proy
Noob
Noob

1994 honda aero 80 wristpin bearing size?

Post by Proy »

Hey guys so I had a friend rebuild the top end of my aero because i have been short on time to do it my self and je works at a bike shop so i figured why not.

He called me saying it was done picked it up and brought it home. Started it up and immediately shut it off after it ran for like 5 seconds because it was making a terrible slapping slash clacking sound.

Pulled the top end off since I had him leave the plastics off untill I was done with break in and I found the culprit. My moron of a friend put tbe wrong size wrist pin bearing on its too small for the ID of the conecting rod.

So I have two questions for yoou guys. First question is should I be worried about a bent rod with the short startup. Second question does anyone know of a stock replacement that I can order. I inspected the cylender and piston there was no scorring or wear on the cylinder or piston. The conecting rod looked ok no scoring or burs and all the needle bearings were intact none missing as well.

Any one with advice it would be appreciated.
motormike

Re: 1994 honda aero 80 wristpin bearing size?

Post by motormike »

I'm not able to download the parts fiche, but you can.
Once you get the Honda part number, then your hunt is on for either that part, or cross-over replacement.
Dimensions of that bearing should be able to be found. Good luck with your hunt...mm... :)
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Proy
Noob
Noob

Re: 1994 honda aero 80 wristpin bearing size?

Post by Proy »

Thanks for the reply I supposse im gunna be doing some research.