84 Aero 80 90 Main Jet - Where To Purchase?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Golden79
Noob
Noob

84 Aero 80 90 Main Jet - Where To Purchase?

Post by Golden79 »

Hi All, thanks in advance for any direct links or recommendations. As the title indicates, i am looking for a website to purchase a 90 main jet for a 84 Aero 80 - it has a venturi dia pb54d 16mm carb. I can't seem to locate one i know for sure is compatible.
bonesv

Re: 84 Aero 80 90 Main Jet - Where To Purchase?

Post by bonesv »

http://jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_scooter/honda_050_SK50.htm
This is same jet for all PB style Keihin carburetors. I have made several purchases from this store they ship fast and never a problem.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Golden79
Noob
Noob

Post by Golden79 »

Thanks Bones! I received 2 of the 90 main jets from jetsrus, one for my 80 and the other for my brothers Aero80. We swaped out the 88 for the 90 on my brothers yesterday and it seems a bit more zippy off the line, but it bogs down/floods out at full throttle and now even has slightly reduced top speed. I know about throttle manipulation, other than this, are there any other parts or adjustments you recommend? Someone told my brother he would need a big bore kit to keep up with the bigger jet, which is contrary to what ive read about the 80's. I am now a bit skeptical about swapping my 88 out.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

First off, I'm not aware of any bbk's for the Aero80. That would be sweet! Did you purchase the Keihin jets, or the no-name jets? The bogging at full throttle seems to indicate a too rich condition. You can check a couple things like the exhaust pipe might be a little clogged up? or there's a large buildup of carbon on the piston and exhaust port? or the air filter is old and in need of a new one? How old is your brothers spark plug? Also I remember that someone suggested installing a set of Boyesen 2-stage reeds for better performance. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17492&p=147489&hili ... ds#p147489
Here's one post about them, and you should search the site here for more info. search.php Just type in Boyesen reeds.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
GardnerM
Noob
Noob

Post by GardnerM »

I know this is an old thread but I bet your bogging at full throttle due to a faulty vacuum/heat operated bystarter/choke that keeps pouring fuel into it even when warm. There’s threads on here on how to bypass it with a manual on off valve