1991 Honda Elite

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

daChurchPcGuy
Noob
Noob

1991 Honda Elite

Post by daChurchPcGuy »

There's a 1991 Honda Elite scooter for sale in my area for $100. It's not running and missing rear plastics and the headlight with surround.

I assume these parts are readily available. I'm not a Honda scooter guy, yet, but I'd like to add this to my fleet if it's not too far gone.

Are there any major concerns with these that I can check for in a non-running scooter?

Thanks for any information good or bad
Attachments
elite.jpg
elite.jpg (72.58 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 1991 Honda Elite

Post by eclark5483 »

$100 is a steal, even without a title. GRAB IT NOW, if not just for the engine alone!!! Easy flip by parting it out. If titled, do a restore. My personal rule is titled:restore, untitled:flip. Price accordingly.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

The demand for 80cc stuff isnt what it used to be and nobody is doing frame-up resto on em...personally, Id pass. The 50’s is where its at.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
daChurchPcGuy
Noob
Noob

Post by daChurchPcGuy »

Titles aren't a real issue. How do I tell the difference between the 50cc and the 80cc? Is it in the casting for the case?

So far I can't get the guy to return my messages, typical FB Marketplace behavior.

I wouldn't do a frame-up resto, I'd just get it running reliably and looking decent.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

All I have to go on is the one grainy pic youve provided. It has an 80 nose, 80 front wheel and brake hub assembly and an 80 floor tread pattern. My conclusion is that its an 80.

It has missing/broken pieces in every area I zoom in on. It doesnt run and has no title. Really it doesnt have much going for it except that it would make a handy parts bike to have if you already own an 80. For this reason alone, I would buy after I talked him down a bunch. However, if youre looking for one to flip....keep looking.

Even the headlight is a random piece from a different bike just cobbled in to fit....and its broken :bowrofl:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.