Final Drive Cover Gasket

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mdejoris
Noob
Noob

Final Drive Cover Gasket

Post by mdejoris »

Hey guys, I’m looking to change the drive belt on my 1988 Elite. I can’t seem to find anyone that sells the gasket for the drive cover. I know their is interchangeably with other parts from different scooters, so I’m hoping I can find one from another model that will work. Does anyone know if there is another model, like the nq50 or another model that has the same gasket. Also, what size belt to use? Width and length? I’m a golf cart guy so I have some experience with the importance of the correct length and width of a drive belt. Thanks for any input.
bonesv

Re: Final Drive Cover Gasket

Post by bonesv »

mdejoris wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 pm Hey guys, I’m looking to change the drive belt on my 1988 Elite. I can’t seem to find anyone that sells the gasket for the drive cover. I know their is interchangeably with other parts from different scooters, so I’m hoping I can find one from another model that will work. Does anyone know if there is another model, like the nq50 or another model that has the same gasket. Also, what size belt to use? Width and length? I’m a golf cart guy so I have some experience with the importance of the correct length and width of a drive belt. Thanks for any input.
Is your scooter the sb50 elite e?
There are online honda parts dealers that discount and ship to anyone if the parts are still available from honda. http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/honda-parts.html
Here is just one I know of but you must know which 1988 scooter it is for. If the gasket is no longer available, then use the cover to trace out on a sheet of gasket material and make one. Not sure if it's the same as nq50. If the belt you seek is no longer available, then you can measure the one you have now for reference and search that size on google or your choice of search engine but it should be a metric measurement given in millimeters.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
mdejoris
Noob
Noob

Re: Final Drive Cover Gasket

Post by mdejoris »

Thanks for the reply. I have a feeling I’ll be making my own gasket. I have the material from a golf cart project. I’ll measure the belt and get what is needed. Thanks again.