How do I set this carburetor to get the scoot to run?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

oncewaslost1982
BMX
BMX

How do I set this carburetor to get the scoot to run?

Post by oncewaslost1982 »

Hey all, I am still waiting on my muffler to come in for the spree. Until then I am working on my 1980 Honda NA50 Express II. I took the carb apart to clean it all out. Got it back together and when the fuel line is opened up it flows quite freely from the drain line on the bottom of the carb. Thats problem 1. Ok, i did check too see that the float and needle would stop the flow of gasoline if closed, and it did not let gas through when i held the float up. This is with the bowl off mind you. So I out it all back together and now when th gas petcock is opened gas just flows from the drain line like the carb isnt even there. Problem number 2, I cannot find anywhere what the correct settings are to get this carb set up to run. HOw many turns out from seated exactly does the air needle need to be? How many turns out from seated does the idle screw need to be? I cannot get it to run without the choke on. Any help will be lost appreciated.

Thanks

Justin
oncewaslost1982
BMX
BMX

Post by oncewaslost1982 »

no help here huh?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

you need to adjust the float so it does stop the flow of gas. The clip on the needle should be in the center setting if stock.That's where i would start it. The turns should be anywhere between 1/2-2 full tuns out from being seated in.