How many splines does the metro wheel have?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

loon
Noob
Noob

How many splines does the metro wheel have?

Post by loon »

Pretty sure my scoot is a 86 Aero 50 (NB50). The motor is af05e. I ordered a set of 2015 metro wheels for the tubeless upgrade and my current rims are BENT.

Went to put the rear on today and it wouldn't go. It has 19 splines versus the 22 on the one that came with the scoot. Did I get scammed on ebay seller? Do i even have the stock aero rim? Here are some numbers:

STOCK has a little circled H stamped on the rim. 1.50x10 J10x1.50 1286 90/90-10 Max Dia 95.5mm

Ebay "METRO?" has a F with a C around it. 10x2.15 12 13 DOT 23 80/100-10 Max Dia 111mm

Can anyone chime in with the spline count so I can contact the seller about it with some back up.
loon
Noob
Noob

Re: How many splines does the metro wheel have?

Post by loon »

This is what I have learned.

Newer metro's have a 19 spline count, I'm not sure when it changed but the 2015's will not work on the Aero/NB50. I counted the splines on the one I have and referenced a few on ebay for sale.

The 2005 ruckus rim fits on my scoot but I had to run a spacer inside the hub because it was rubbing the shock. I also had to put spacers on the exhaust for clearance. The ruckus rim is 3 inches wide compared to the metros 2.15. If I didn't get a free ruckus rim, I might have went the metro route instead of spacing things out. My worry is that after a bit of wear the exhaust will leak or break.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I spaced out an exhaust once. Had to force it slightly to get the mounting bolts to thread into the case. It kept breaking exhaust studs at the header after a few rides. Those tiny studs dont like to be tweaked on...add the heat of exhaust gasses and they snap like a twig.

FYI: removing a broken stud from the exhaust header is NOT fun.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
loon
Noob
Noob

Post by loon »

Meatball wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:11 am I spaced out an exhaust once. Had to force it slightly...
What would you suggest?

I thought about denting the silencer portion of the exhaust to make the clearance. I been searching for an aftermarket exhaust hoping that it would solve the clearance, but its so hard!

Might just have to go with the metro rim. My ride is much smoother now and I like it.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I would send an inquiry to ScooterSwapShop. Their knowledge on interchangeable parts is vast and theres little they havent seen/done. I personally havent dealt with Aero much....mainly Spree, Elite and a little Met/Ruck stuff.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.