Replacement Headlight Unit for MB5

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dsandwich
BMX
BMX

Replacement Headlight Unit for MB5

Post by dsandwich »

Hi folks,
Looking to replace my headlight unit on my 1982 Honda MB5. I have been blowing headlights about twice a year. I would like to move to an LED light or light bar. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what they purchased. I have seen the LED bulb inserted into a bored-out headlight, but I was hoping to find other options out there. Thank you for your suggestions/thoughts/solutions!
bonesv

Re: Replacement Headlight Unit for MB5

Post by bonesv »

Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

So what's up with MB5s blowing so many headlamps? 5-speed over-rev and a faulty voltage regulator?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
dsandwich
BMX
BMX

Post by dsandwich »

Not sure why I'm not getting notifications about replies. I'll have to check my settings.Thus far, I have not blown the new bulb. We'll see what happens. I did a fair amount of research, and a number of sites said that a dead battery can cause this issue. I went to battery warehouse, spent $35 on a new battery and we'll see what happens from here.
Also, I've been looking at headlights. I'm thinking I may be able to buy a sealed 6.5-inch unit from Amazon and try it out. Looks like it could be a possible fit for the MB5.