Vacuum hose question

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

SlothSpree
Noob
Noob

Vacuum hose question

Post by SlothSpree »

What is the purpose of the vacuum hose connected to the air box by the rear wheel? 1985 nq50. Huge noob, just bought it 3 days ago, last registered in 998 and I finally got it running. Thinking of throwing a pod filter on there until I get a new air box gasket. Can the air hose near rear wheel be plugged,?
bonesv

Re: Vacuum hose question

Post by bonesv »

SlothSpree wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:42 pm What is the purpose of the vacuum hose connected to the air box by the rear wheel? 1985 nq50. Huge noob, just bought it 3 days ago, last registered in 998 and I finally got it running. Thinking of throwing a pod filter on there until I get a new air box gasket. Can the air hose near rear wheel be plugged,?
Welcome! The hose in the rear is for ventilation of the gear case. Don't plug it. Also, if you decide to run a pod air filter, or run the stock air box without a properly oiled air filter in it, you will be risking a lean fuel condition which is going to lead to a seizure of the piston. You would need to install a larger main jet in the carburetor first. Please DO read thru some of the information found on this site to become familiar with your new acquisition. There is a search feature available.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
motormike

Re: Vacuum hose question

Post by motormike »

What he said^^
Don't try to run a pod. period.
Buy a new filter from noiseguy on this site.
We are here to help you do the right things and learn
the why's, don'ts, and how's that many of us have already discovered.
Enter: patthesoundguy with some solid advice.
Calling PTSG to the white courtesy phone, please.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"