Bbk issues

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jordanpierce21
Noob
Noob

Bbk issues

Post by jordanpierce21 »

I have a 85 spree that unfortunately I did the 48mm bbk on a few years ago. Which has caused it to sit in the corner untouched. Recently got another spree and did swapshop speed pulley which is great. Wife wants to ride to so I need to get mine going again.

Here's the issue following the bbk it will start run and idle all fine revs up great has good snap. But after riding for 10-15 mins it will just shut off at low or high rpm and wont restart for a few hours. I was told it is soft seizing? Is there anything I can do or try other then motor swap or replacing with stock parts(which of course i do not have).
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Re: Bbk issues

Post by harleyracer59 »

look for air leaks and up jet. put your air box back on. might need a new piston and rings now though. but if it only soft seized your cylinder is probably still ok. hows compression? thatll tell you how much the piston and rings are damaged. look at cylinder base and head gasket areas for oil trail. thatll tell you where your air leak is. check main seals for leaks too. that's why people suggest replacing at least the main seals when installing new top end. main bearings should be done with a bbk. most bearings and seals are 30+ years old on thes scooters.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Bbk issues

Post by eclark5483 »

Try the tutorial in my signature.