Directionals puzzler

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

guzzispree
Goped
Goped

Directionals puzzler

Post by guzzispree »

My right rear directional won't work. The bulb tests good. The socket tests good. Ground tests good. The wire have continuity to the switch. And I have a clean switch. Only the front right will work, at a faster than normal pace. Is the flasher relay/sound maker the culprit? The left turn signals work fine. Thanks.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Re: Directionals puzzler

Post by vintagegarage »

guzzispree wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm Is the flasher relay/sound maker the culprit?
I would say most likely not.

I would start by unplugging both rear turn signals where their wires go into the main harness leads, and then temporarily plug the males into the opposite females. In other words, temporarily make rear left right, and rear right left. Both connector pairs should be easy to get to. Then slide the turn signal switch to the left and see if the right rear signal flashes. That may help with your debugging. If the right rear signal doesn't flash, then your problem is in the right rear signal. If it does flash, then the problem is likely somewhere forward. When finished debugging, reconnect the connectors back to correct.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Directionals puzzler

Post by eclark5483 »

Are you by chance running an LED bulb (up front)? Those can cause the signal to blink faster.