Elite-E, Won't Start

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonesv

Re: Elite-E, Won't Start

Post by bonesv »

Yes it's one thing on the list when getting a new-to-you scooter that's not running. Well, don't run it without an exhaust! It can cause serious damage to your piston and cylinder! You could carefully try pouring small amount drain-o to get it loosened up then use coat hanger and wear protective eye, face, hands and body gear. Use the wire from the small end only, as the larger end may be very weak or rusted badly so you don't want to poke any holes in it by accident. Rinse afterwards and let it dry before attempting to install and run it. Good luck on that! Glad you got it to fire! Be sure to check for leaking exhaust connection to cylinder before riding. You would be able to hear it if it's leaking when revving up.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Cook it on a bon fire. Some people use a BBQ but I tried it once...never would eat food out of that BBQ again.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Slaserj
Noob
Noob

Post by Slaserj »

Just let some purple zep degreaser sit in it for a while, then flushed it with a garden hose. Honestly, the pipe is in amazing condition! There was a dirt dobber nest in the end. That popped out and it’s clear! Slapped it back on and rode a happy 30mph around the neighborhood. Onto bigger and better problems now, like where the f do I get an electric starter for an sb50???
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Just rebuild it
motormike

Post by motormike »

Slaserj wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:30 pm Well, it runs! And surprisingly, nobody here has posted the answer. I'm currently banging my head against the wall. Here it is: the exhaust was clogged. What I'm assuming began as a carb issue, the PO turned into a clogged exhaust by leaving it outside, probably having something build a nest in there, then kicking it to smithereens, pumping the nest full of oil and turning it into a glob. Any suggestions on a new exhaust? Or to clean this POS out?
Diagnosis via the internet tougher than most think. No-start engines have a myriad of causes. Finding that/those causes is difficult even with the bike in my possession. Glad you found the culprit,...maybe you would like to tell us what exactly led you to this discovery. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Slaserj wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:30 pm Well, it runs! And surprisingly, nobody here has posted the answer. I'm currently banging my head against the wall. Here it is: the exhaust was clogged.
I've run into that 3x IRL, once on a moped and twice on cars. It's the last thing that gets checked and should be higher on everyone's list I guess.

I've heard best results from starting a small campfire and cooking it out, but have never done it myself. All other solutions appear to be inferior. Just don't overcook it and melt it.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Cleaning ... e_Campfire
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products