Milling Spree Head

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Brivander
Spree
Spree

Re: Milling Spree Head

Post by Brivander »

Looks like the reeds and gaskets I planned to buy won't be available until noiseguy returns from vacation, anyone know where I can get new reeds and gaskets relatively quickly? I will be tapping the SB50 intakes for the oil line I got tomorrow and would like to get them installed I have the reeds that I got as well and they look, well, questionable. I know the reeds in the bike are good, can I just transfer those over to the SB50 reed block and use the larger openings (seems like it)? Even then I will still need the gaskets unless I cut my own. Which I can do, I just like using new stuff :)

Details of the mod are here: http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... _the_Spree

Thanks to those who put this together.
1985 Black/Purple Spree-39 GPS
1985 Red/White Spree-40 GPS
1987 Black/Purple Elite-44 GPS
1985 Red/Black Aero-42 GPS
1992 Red/Gray Jog- 56 GPS
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

86-87' Spree reeds and SB50 reeds are the same thing, so absolutely interchangeable. The Spree reeds in this picture are from an 84 or 85 model year.

Also, noiseguy sells reeds but not the cages, you won't want to use the old cage if what you have is from an 84-85, don't recall which you said you had.
Brivander
Spree
Spree

Post by Brivander »

Ok, I'll go that route. I do have SB50 cages as well that I got with the intakes. I will use the known good reeds that are currently on the bike (85') and transfer them to the SB50 cages . Thanks for all the help. As any new addiction, I'm learning the nuances here. I'm fully capable of doing all the machine work, etc. Clean up those intakes and get them tapped this evening.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a oil "nipple" (or whatever the f&*# it's called), for the intake to press in do you? I was thinking I may be able to get the one out of the stock intake with some heat, but haven't tried that yet, embarrass teenagers in subdivision tomorrow! :lol:
1985 Black/Purple Spree-39 GPS
1985 Red/White Spree-40 GPS
1987 Black/Purple Elite-44 GPS
1985 Red/Black Aero-42 GPS
1992 Red/Gray Jog- 56 GPS