Honda Aero 80. Looking for info

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

GardnerM
Noob
Noob

Honda Aero 80. Looking for info

Post by GardnerM »

Just traded my Spree 50 for an Aero 80. Not sure on year as it’s missing most of the plastics.does not have kick start if that helps. Seems to run decent. Hits 40mph, little boggy off the line and stumbles at wot, was running good at 7/8 until I started messing with the adjustment screws, now it’s stumbling worse. (Whoops). I noticed the one adjusting the idle, and seem to have that dialed in decently, the other screw has a sprint around it and I assume turning that all the way in blocks airflow? I screwed it in until it was seated but that didn’t help anything. I was doing some reading that the stock carb needs a bigger jet and wot stumble is common.. after digging into the aero a little further I noticed someone added a manual fuel shut off, and there’s some hoses not attached to anything and not capped.. assuming they are vacuum but shouldn’t they be capped? It’s hard to read a diagram with this current set up I have because it obviously isn’t in stock form.. I’d be happy to post pics if this would help. Just looking for some general info and things to do/check to get her running properly and safely. I did some reading about a bigger carb, and that seemed like a good idea. If anyone has info/links to anything related to this scooter that would be greatly appreciated! I also took off the lid to the air box and it has a homemade cone type filter in there.