Gyro NN50 No turn signals or instr. panel lights

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

tentoze
Noob
Noob

Gyro NN50 No turn signals or instr. panel lights

Post by tentoze »

HI all,

New member looking for advice. I picked up an NN50 in overall very good condition last week, cool scooter! However, the one issue I have is the turn signals don't light up, and none of the instrument panel lights work either. I looked through the Wiki and tech docs, and did a few forum searches, but didn't find anything that addressed these problems. I don't have any previous experience with this scooter, or scooters in general, for that matter. If anyone has any advice on what the problem might be, or just where to begin tracking it down, I would really appreciate any and all help. Thanks!
motormike

Re: Gyro NN50 No turn signals or instr. panel lights

Post by motormike »

Remove the bulbs and test for continuity with a volt/ohm meter.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
tentoze
Noob
Noob

Post by tentoze »

Turn signal bulbs test good.
motormike

Post by motormike »

It takes a fully charged battery to run the signals even when everything is good.
If your battery is good and "hot", then I would simply buy
the signal flasher at an auto parts store, and try it.
If not the solution, start metering the wires from the switching.
Go looking for any bad grounds,. those are tricky and cause this kind of problem.
Wires not fully plugged, or corroded, or pinched can be present.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

I agree with mike. we both have an 84' nn. battery needs to be good and fully charged for them to cycle on/off. even then you might need the idle up for them to work still,
I can say this, mine has weak grounds that leave me with dim head lights and instrument lights. if your head light works and instrument doesn't. check your grounds first. ohms/ continuity. if green ground wire is in acceptable range, check your head light circuit. (yellow wire). because that wire goes to headset then Y's to headlight switch and instrument lights. so power to headlight means power to instrument lights.
as for the signals. does it do anything when you flip the switch? does yellow dash light come on? do the signals come on but not cycle? need more info with those to give any suggestions.
good luck and give updates so we can help you out. and for others who nmight have a similar issue.

oh yeah, one last thing, you should swap that motor out for a spree motor.... or wait, swap that motor into a spree... lol im just kidding. it a joke towards a current post on this forum. im a smart *
tentoze
Noob
Noob

Post by tentoze »

Thanks for the information, guys. I have to go out of town in the morning for several days, so it will be next week before I can get back on this. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

et