After market carburetor problem Honda spree 1987

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Killhuey03
Noob
Noob

After market carburetor problem Honda spree 1987

Post by Killhuey03 »

Hi, I just bought an after market carburetor on eBay for my Honda spree. I noticed while trying to install that there is an inlet for oil intake on the new carburetor, while on the stock spree carb there is no oil intake inlet directly on the carb. The oil intake is connected through the manifold. What should I do? Do I cap off the oil intake on the new carb? :cry: plz help!
bonesv

Re: After market carburetor problem Honda spree 1987

Post by bonesv »

Killhuey03 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:02 pm Hi, I just bought an after market carburetor on eBay for my Honda spree. I noticed while trying to install that there is an inlet for oil intake on the new carburetor, while on the stock spree carb there is no oil intake inlet directly on the carb. The oil intake is connected through the manifold. What should I do? Do I cap off the oil intake on the new carb? :cry: plz help!
OK so there’s these little plugs for capping off unused nipples available at most auto parts stores just find the ones that fit tightest and voila!👌🏼You would most likely cap the one on the carburetor unless there’s a good reason not to.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861