New Headlight/Cluster needed for 1982 Honda MB5

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dsandwich
BMX
BMX

New Headlight/Cluster needed for 1982 Honda MB5

Post by dsandwich »

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has replaced both the headlight and instrument cluster on a 1982 Honda MB5 with non-standard options that will still mate up fairly easily. My tach kept blowing tach cables so I stopped using one. Last week, my speedo cable crapped out, but not before the speedo needle spun out of control and broke off. If anyone has replaced their cluster with something cool, please pass it along.
I'm sure there are some options to replace the headlight with an LED and I'm wondering if anyone can make some recommendations. While I always kept my MB5 original, at this point I'd almost rather convert it so I can have a functional bike I can ride around on.
Any guidance would be appreciated. Obviously, if anyone has a cheap place to buy original equipment, that would be great, too.
Thanks,
Rich
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Re: New Headlight/Cluster needed for 1982 Honda MB5

Post by harleyracer59 »

you'd probably get more responses in the 4 sale/wanted section. might want to restart this thread over there. happy hunting!
dsandwich
BMX
BMX

Post by dsandwich »

Good call. I'll post there. Thanks, and thanks for your advice on my Honda Gyro starter issue.
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

no problem man. good luck on your search and happy hunting !