How do I connect this Spree oil line? (pic)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

brenan6
Noob
Noob

How do I connect this Spree oil line? (pic)

Post by brenan6 »

Context, recently got this 84 spree that h ad been ransacked by a junkie thief, took a bunch of parts, etc... they disconnected the oil line, but I don't see how to reconnect. I see 2 hose barbs, like there was a filter in between or something? I can't seem to find any pictures of spree oil lines so idk!

Wheelman-111

Re: How do I connect this Spree oil line? (pic)

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The white zip-tie is a clue that this may not be stock configuration. If it were up to me, I'd just buy a length of line and replace the whole thing.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

take one of those fittings out of one side and push that hose onto the other hose with fitting. looks like you have 2 union fittings. you only need 1
brenan6
Noob
Noob

Post by brenan6 »

harleyracer59 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:34 pm take one of those fittings out of one side and push that hose onto the other hose with fitting. looks like you have 2 union fittings. you only need 1
The hole inside each of those fittings is very tiny, like almost that of a jet. Is that going to be a problem for oil flow? passing oil through a tiny hole? Should I just replace the entire line from the tank to motor?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Napa Auto has pkg of small hose barb type connectors of various size. Not expensive. You want to find a tight fitting one and use zip-tie on each side but you must bleed all air all the way to pump and all the way to carburetor before you run the motor. Get an extra new spark plug preferably an NGK # BPR6HSA to replace old one as you should have excess oil fouling the spark plug eventually. Once you run it out of premix fuel, change plug. Be sure oil reservoir is clean and use quality 2stroke injector oil. Premix-only oil does not mix well with fuel and can be a grave choice.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

the fitting/elbow on the tank will be hard to match, so if that elbow is not dry rotted or cracked clean and reuse it. go to local auto parts store. in the help isle, youll buy vacuum hose fitting assortment then get 2-3ft of 5/16? vacuum/windshield washer fluid hose. its cheaper and easier to pump the air out of than feul line. it it will still last 15-20 years apposed to fuel line at 20-30 years. if the scooter makes it that long sprees will be close to 50years old by then. and a foot of 1/8 - 3/16? for the pump to manifold line.
I prefer clear line but its harder to find. once installed you can squeeze an pump the majority of air from the bigger line.
breaze
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by breaze »

Here is what normally goes there I believe - should be easy to match, just a 1/4" to 1/4" connector. Some type of clear hose so you know you have the bubbles out. I use this 1/4" blue poly for oil lines - cheap on Amazon. Never use poly on fuel lines, but it seems to do ok with oil.
connect.jpg
connect.jpg (489.49 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
'72 CT90
'73 CT90
'74 CT90