No spark after cleaning fuel system but it was fine before

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

tcolquitt
Noob
Noob

No spark after cleaning fuel system but it was fine before

Post by tcolquitt »

Ok so I have a 87se50 honda and I had put some sea foam in it cuz I kept having to blow in the fuel line to get it to start. Sell it backfired and I coasted in my driveway after the sea foam. So I then bypassssed the petcock plugged the vacuum line cleaned the carb bought a new plug and assembled it all is good just to find out it now has no spark to my plug and it did before with no issues. I've checked all the wiring and bypassed the kill switching by removing the kill switch and just twisting the wires back together since the kill switch was faulty. Any ideas?? Thank you in advance but this has been a total of 3 weeks now and I'm sick of it. I just want my moped back up. I also checked with a test light and I have power getting to my ignition coil where the two wires connect but just no spark on the other side and I don't know why
tcolquitt
Noob
Noob

Re: No spark after cleaning fuel system but it was fine before

Post by tcolquitt »

It just seems odd to me to get no spark after cleaning the fuel system only
tcolquitt
Noob
Noob

Post by tcolquitt »

And let me also say I have some kind of electrical issues cuz I don't have any headlight or tailights or turnsignal but my brake light constantly stays on and my horn and electric start all work fine and I've checked all wires plugs connectors and all and I can't seem to figure out why so idk if that may be related to the no spark now but it's been like that since I got this moped about 4 months ago. It didn't run at all when I got it so I've came along ways
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

tcolquitt wrote:I've checked all the wiring and bypassed the kill switching by removing the kill switch and just twisting the wires back together since the kill switch was faulty. Any ideas??
Removing the kill switch and twisting the mating wires (Black/White to Ground wires) together creates a no start issue in itself. Keep the Black/White Open to enable the CDI to deliver energy to the coil.
tcolquitt wrote:And let me also say I have some kind of electrical issues cuz I don't have any headlight or tailights or turnsignal but my brake light constantly stays on and my horn and electric start all work fine and I've checked all wires plugs connectors and all and I can't seem to figure out why so idk if that may be related to the no spark now but it's been like that since I got this moped about 4 months ago. It didn't run at all when I got it so I've came along ways
Good part is the Headlight/turn signal/tail light have no connection to the ignition system.

With the grounded Kill Switch issue fixed, you only need to confirm the CDI, Coil, Alternator Spark Exciter Coil and pulse generator coils and their wiring are functional. The Honda SE 50 Service Manual is available on this site for download, and there is a Ignition troubleshooting section.
Honda_SE_50_Ignition.JPG
Honda_SE_50_Ignition.JPG (27.28 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
tcolquitt
Noob
Noob

Post by tcolquitt »

Thanks I have the manual downloaded already and I did switch the wires like you said and now I'm getting spark so thank you there but it's sti not starting up. When I spray starting fluid in it it tries but I still can't get it to run. Do you have any idea on how exactly to set the adjustment screws on the carb? nd do you know about timing? Maybe when it backfired before it went down it might've thrown off my timing. IDK I want to put it in a grave at this point