Honda Aero '87 questions

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Pappy
Noob
Noob

Honda Aero '87 questions

Post by Pappy »

Hi guys, great site, I've learned a lot so far.

I have a few questions, and would rather post them all here, instead of starting new threads.

1 - Is there a tech manual for this year anywhere? I've been using the '85 manual, and it looks like it is the same bike, so I am not too worried, but it would be nice to have.

2 - After cleaning out my carb as outlined in the tech docs, I didn't add locktite to one of the 8mm bolts. As you can guess, I lost it after my first ride. What length should I look for to buy? Are the lengths different for the front/back bolts?

3 - Air filter. I just couldn't find a Honda dealer that would order me an air filter element, so I used a double layer of humidifier air filer in the airbox. Will this catch enough air-borne particles to keep my carb clean?

4 - There is a weird clunk-type sound that seems to be coming from the front of the crank-case. Is this normal or should I take it apart to make sure that everything is cool?

There are quite a few other issues that my newly-acquired baby is having, but they are mostly electrical, so I will see if I can troubleshoot with my tester before posting. It looks like the alternator is shot, but we'll see.