Oil Line Location

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rallydude
Noob
Noob

Oil Line Location

Post by Rallydude »

Total noob here, and very non-mechanical. I have an '86 NQ 50 and the oil tank is missing the oil line out flow. I can't seem to find one at my cycle shop. I might have to fab one. Where does it go after the WIDE tank out flow? I know there's a filter in there too. I have downloaded the service manual from here, but the pictures are poor & I can't seem to find a good still online of the set up. Any help would be appreciated. Love this site!
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Oil Line Location

Post by mousewheels »

...Where does it go after the WIDE tank out flow? [/quote}
To a rubber right angle reducer, then to a male/male hose connector barb, then to the oil line.

I know there's a filter in there too. I have downloaded the service manual from here, but the pictures are poor & I can't seem to find a good still online of the set up. Any help would be appreciated. Love this site!
I use online parts fiches for diagrams and part numbers.

[qoute]I have an '86 NQ 50 and the oil tank is missing the oil line out flow. I can't seem to find one at my cycle shop.
The rubber joint appears to be still available from Honda.
S[ree_1986_Oil_Tank.JPG
S[ree_1986_Oil_Tank.JPG (79.21 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
Rallydude
Noob
Noob

Post by Rallydude »

Mousewheels thanks for the diagram. It still looks like I might have to fab up the hose. I’ll try Honda to see if I can get the joint. Where does it attach to the carb?
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

It still looks like I might have to fab up the hose. I’ll try Honda to see if I can get the joint. Where does it attach to the carb?
Just to be clear on the oil pump, lines and connections, here is a diagram from the 85-87 Aero50. The diagram is very close to the Spree layout - with small differences like the Oil tank joint which is *not right angle* as a Spree would be.
NB50_85-87_Oil_Connections.JPG
NB50_85-87_Oil_Connections.JPG (64.93 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
The Spree Intake has two taps, which should be connected as follows:
Spree_Intake_Connections.jpg
Spree_Intake_Connections.jpg (44.3 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Identification of the appropriate Oil Pump Input and Outputs is detailed below:
Spree_Oil_Pump_IO.jpg
Spree_Oil_Pump_IO.jpg (78.83 KiB) Viewed 1457 times