Dio Af18e small wrist pin what do u think?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Damdio
Noob
Noob

Dio Af18e small wrist pin what do u think?

Post by Damdio »

Hi new to the site, I just got this 1994 Honda Dio AF18e and trying to install a Malossi MHR 72cc aluminum jug/head piston kit malossi kit# 31 8473. The wrist pin “piston pin” “gudgeon pin” is much larger than one in the bike. 12mm vs possibly 10mm in old piston. What are my options? Malossi Cylinder has same bolt pattern and engine code on rear of case is Af18e 1033811. Thank you for any help. I have to figure out how to post some pics will post them today at some point.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Dio Af18e small wrist pin what do u think?

Post by Meatball »

Call Scooter Swap Shop and chat with those guys. Super cool dudes that are always willing to help out with swaperoo’s like this. Im not sure if theres a thinner small end bearing that will work with the larger wrist pin. Ask them…they would know.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Heres a bearing for using a 10mm wrist pin with a crank that accepts a 12mm. Its simply a thicker bearing. https://scooterswapshop.com/products/st ... 3b89&_ss=r

However, youre trying to go the opposite way and I dont think theres an easy solution. Im leaning towards either a crank swap or using a different top end kit with a 10mm pin. A simple idea would be to use adapter shims in the piston for it to accept the 10mm pin but that would be asking for trouble. They designed the kit with a 12mm for a reason…it needs the strength of a thicker pin. Get a full circle crank with fresh bearings and dont look back.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Get a 12mm crank, if your going bbk it will really let you rev to the moon.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship: