1985 honda spree starter.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Starion1987
Noob
Noob

1985 honda spree starter.

Post by Starion1987 »

Alright guys here's a shot in the dark lol I got a 1985 honda spree nq50 with less than 2000 miles on it, shes cherry. But sadly I cant get it to run. I've replaced the jug and piston, carburetor, crank seals, spark plug etc etc. I got plenty of compression, fuel is getting to the carb, got spark but I can seem to get fuel from the carb to the spark plug.....

So that's not what this is about lol so I burned up my starter on this thing. It is electric start only. It's some wierd starter that I cant seem to find. I'll post a picture of it. Its a 10 tooth. I already tried rebuilding it with the suzuki lt80 rebuild kit, the starter is just dead. Any advice anyone? Or does anyone wanna buy this thing off me? Haha
Rideslikenacho
Goped
Goped

Re: 1985 honda spree starter.

Post by Rideslikenacho »

Really aren’t any cheap replacements for them, about the only place to get one is ebay or post up in the for sale section. I had a few people reach out to me offering them when I was searching for one.

You could also take it to a starter repair shop. You sure its the starter and not the relay?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Starion1987 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:41 pm Any advice anyone? Or does anyone wanna buy this thing off me? Haha

Sprees are pretty easy to sell, when they run.
There's several good facebook pages to advertise for a starter.
Definitely put up an ad on this forum too.
If/when you give up, Your bike will sell, and it depends on how complete and how good
all the parts are to get the most $$.
You probably already know everything I said,
but, Merry Christmas ! !
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Volvo850R
Goped
Goped

Post by Volvo850R »

Iv sent them in before to be relined and they came out good.. I also just scored a clutch and bell on eBay for 10$shipped. Score
1984 elite ch125
1985 spree nq50
1986 spree nq50
1987 helix cn250