What size carb?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonesv

Re: What size carb?

Post by bonesv »

You can pm me for suggestions on break-in procedures when you get everything together 👍🏼😎
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
sdugasjr
BMX
BMX

Post by sdugasjr »

bonesv wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:19 pm You can pm me for suggestions on break-in procedures when you get everything together 👍🏼😎
Awesome thanks! Should be getting my engine back sometime this week, probably in the next couple days. Then all I need is the manifold from racing planet which will hopefully show sooner than later
‘87 Elite SE50 - 72cc AF16
‘01 Elite SR
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Just another tip for your builder assembling you motor-be absolutely sure the intake system is completely sealed up-it’s too easy to overlook and find out you should have used hondabond or motoseal gray on all the gaskets because unwanted air leaking into the fuel flow makes it impossible to tune. Yea, it doesn’t leak when cold but as soon as everything gets hot it begins to leak tiny amounts and throws off the mix at the crucial rpm’s wreaking havoc on you investment. Hard to imagine ME making a mistake but there it is. I love to hear success stories! Please let us know how it turns out 💁🏼‍♂️🏁
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
sdugasjr
BMX
BMX

Post by sdugasjr »

bonesv wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:07 am Just another tip for your builder assembling you motor-be absolutely sure the intake system is completely sealed up-it’s too easy to overlook and find out you should have used hondabond or motoseal gray on all the gaskets because unwanted air leaking into the fuel flow makes it impossible to tune. Yea, it doesn’t leak when cold but as soon as everything gets hot it begins to leak tiny amounts and throws off the mix at the crucial rpm’s wreaking havoc on you investment. Hard to imagine ME making a mistake but there it is. I love to hear success stories! Please let us know how it turns out 💁🏼‍♂️🏁
So I got the motor back from the guy earlier last week, I just had him install the crank and bearings/seals since I didn’t have the tools to do it, I already had everything tore down for him.

Immediately after I got it home I started cleaning the shrouds and fan, figured since the motor is out, it’ll be easier to do, so why not right? I installed the Corsa kit right away as well, using Honda bond on both the base and head gaskets, wasn’t really sure if I should or not on the head gasket, as it’s just a little o ring, but I don’t see any harm in it. I splashed a little 2 stroke oil in the cylinder and gave it a few hand cranks just so it’s pretty well lubricated for the first start up.

I put in a new stator as well, since I needed one, and mocked up the exhaust and everything and so far it’s looking pretty good. Got my NGK plug in and all gapped with my temp gauge ring on there so that’s all set as well.

Still waiting on the manifold unfortunately, but it says it should be delivered by Friday. Hopefully. I also ordered some shims for the vari but I have no idea when those will come. We’re coming into s cold and rainy weather street here this week, so I’m not rushing to get it done, but man am I eager to hear this thing run lol. I would show a picture of how the motor looks currently, but I know show how to upload one.

I’ll PM you when I get the manifold in and get the motor put in the bike, then we can work on breaking it in.

Thanks for your help!
‘01 Elite SR
sdugasjr
BMX
BMX

Post by sdugasjr »

Update:

Over the weekend I was able to get the motor swapped into my SE50, I ended up have to use the AF05 motor mount bracket and drilled out the lower hole, it drilled kinda crooked since it was done in a vise, which I'm not too happy about, but it will work for the time being while I look for another one that I can redrill, this time in a drill press.

Other than that, everything went smoothly! The only issue I am having currently is the center stand is hitting the left side of the motor case (where the mount ear is), when it is up and is causing a really bad vibration. It's more of an annoyance than an issue, but I figure I'd state it and see if anyone has a fix. The panels fit nicely, kinda tight clearances (especially around the exhaust with the crazy design of the arrow), but I don't think they'll melt, also the right side panel covers a bit of the cooling shroud, I'm not sure if I should be concerned about it or not, but it doesn't seem to be getting too hot.

Currently working on breaking it in (thanks to you bonez for the pointers) while battling the weather, its supposed to warm up this weekend, so I think I'll just go putz around everywhere for no reason.

I appreciate all the help from bonez and you too as well wheelman! Definitely would not be this far without all the knowledge from the people like you two.

-Sidney

edit: how do I upload pictures, should I just make a google drive link or something?
‘01 Elite SR
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Resize the pics in your device then upload to forum. They must be smaller than 600kb??
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX