1987 se50p elite- big bore kit- info

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Joppoelite87
Noob
Noob

1987 se50p elite- big bore kit- info

Post by Joppoelite87 »

So my question is what motor is in this model? All of the aftermarket parts I’m looking at say compatible with af16 or af18 or dio motor. I’m not super familiar with these scooters. Can anyone help me out here so I don’t buy the wrong parts.

Back story:
Got the scooter for a good deal and it won’t start, I cleaned the carb and changed the gas and spark plug. It will sputter like it wants to start but just won’t fire up. I put a little cap full of 2-stroke oil in the top where the spark plug goes and it seemed to sound closer to firing up. So I think it may be a compression problem don’t know for sure. Was going to just do a big bore kit and call it a day
motormike

Re: 1987 se50p elite- big bore kit- info

Post by motormike »

Start by identifying YOUR engine.
No telling what has been put in your bike, or how many times it has been changed.
Look for the stamped numbers located on a small rectangular boss at the rear of the engine case.
It is easy to see just below and behind the clutch housing.
Once you've established your engine group, only then can you be sure to get compatible parts.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Joppoelite87 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:47 pm So my question is what motor is in this model? All of the aftermarket parts I’m looking at say compatible with af16 or af18 or dio motor. I’m not super familiar with these scooters. Can anyone help me out here so I don’t buy the wrong parts.

Back story:
Got the scooter for a good deal and it won’t start, I cleaned the carb and changed the gas and spark plug. It will sputter like it wants to start but just won’t fire up. I put a little cap full of 2-stroke oil in the top where the spark plug goes and it seemed to sound closer to firing up. So I think it may be a compression problem don’t know for sure. Was going to just do a big bore kit and call it a day
EDIT: The SE50 scooter is factory equipped with the(not-a-spree) variated AF05 motor so it is NOT the same as the AF16. Although it is not the Spree type of AF05, it is not the SA50 AF05 that is on the 88-93 Elite LX. These all have different cylinders and crankshafts and gearing. You can get a BBK for the SE50 AF05 and find a suitable performance pipe but they are limited, and difficult to find as compared to the AF16 motor. The biggest thing in my mind for all the AF05's is the availability of aftermarket performance gears. They are from non-existent to rare, So if you want 60-70 mph you want to find an AF16 to build. Otherwise, the SE50, or SA50, AF05 is a great power house for 40-45-50 mph or more if you can find some gears for it. There are primary gear sets around but sometimes not available. Keep searching and you will find some! Don't give up! Have fun, keep in touch-we like to hear success stories no matter what your goals are. Welcome to the forum and don't forget to use the resources found in the Board Index listings under Technical Forums..... :thumbwink:
:peace:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth MotorMike: Once you've established your engine group, only then can you be sure to get compatible parts.
Then, Only then, a jedi will you be. :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH