Jetting Pz19 carb (1985 Aero 80)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

1ManRaid
Noob
Noob

Jetting Pz19 carb (1985 Aero 80)

Post by 1ManRaid »

Out of curiosity I took a look at the jets on the new carb I got and haven't gotten around to putting on yet, and it has only a #75 main jet (other ones I've seen all seem to come with smaller than 80)? Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously small? One of the main criticisms of the NH80 is that its 16mm carb has a #88 which is too small for WOT, and this larger 19mm carb has only a #75. When I look up replacement jets for the Pz19 they start at #82 or #90 and only go up.

Is there something I'm missing with how jets work on different carbs, or are they just shipping them with improper jets? I know jetting is an art and depends on your specific environment and conditions, but as a general rule of thumb a 19mm carb with a #75 main jet just sounds like a bad idea when the consensus is that a 16mm carb with a #88 is considered too lean.

I may end up just saying to * with it and order a Pz20 with a jet kit, since it has the choke lever on the more accessible outside rather than the Pz19's less accessible inside positioning. I have rigged up my Pz19 with a wooden dowel extension on the choke lever, but that's a bit janky even for my tastes.
1985 Honda Aero 80