1994 Honda SR Elite KickStarter Assembly

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

caw0215
Noob
Noob

1994 Honda SR Elite KickStarter Assembly

Post by caw0215 »

Hi- been struggling with the kick starter / spring / etc. First it would not spring back up. I can manually return it and try again but the assembly seems to be wobbly. Tracked it down to the snap ring. Looks like it's expanded a bit and needs to be tossed and replaced. There's some play there that should be a tighter fit.

Can't find a direct snap ring replacement so first question:
(1) if there are compatible snap rings from other honda models that might fit?
(2) I see kits on amazon that have the snap ring and components to rebuild the assembly. Are any of these kits a direct somewhat compatible for the elite?
Wheelman-111

Re: 1994 Honda SR Elite KickStarter Assembly

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Slop in the kicker develops eventually. The hole through the aluminum cover wears more quickly than the steel kickstarter shaft. Sloppy kicking - failing to engage the mechanism before kicking DOWN - WithOUT letting the lever come up a little - postpones wear. If you can find the replacement snap ring, reassemble with thick grease and see. I have no experience with the rebuild kits on Amazon, but the small parts like washers and snap rings are common to other Honda scooters and may still be available?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH