1994 HONDA ELITE-JUST GOT IT ,ANY THING I NEED TO DO???????

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

khs1991
Noob
Noob

1994 HONDA ELITE-JUST GOT IT ,ANY THING I NEED TO DO???????

Post by khs1991 »

JUST GOT THIS 1994 HONDA ELITE, RUNS GREAT AFTER A LITTLE CARB CLEAN, ANYTHING I NEED TO DO TO KEEP IT RUNNING WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE? PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
THANK YOU
STEVE
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Keep it full of synthetic oil that is designed for use in scooter injection systems. Do a plug chop to make sure it isnt running to rich/lean so you get maximum life and performance out of it.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

If it does not have a gas filter on it you may want to install one to help the carb from getting little dirt particles in it. I do not know exactly how yours is set up but a small filter installed in the gas line between the carburetor and the vacuume valve is a good place to put it. Make sure you put stabil gas treatment in the gas tank before you store the bike for the winter. Run the bike for 5 minutes or so after you put the stabil in to get it to flow throughout the fuel system. Letting a bike sit, without running it for even a month without gas treatment in it, can cause the carburetor to gum up inside and cause all kinds of problems.
Last edited by hondaman on Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Yea that strainer does keep it all out.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
HuskieMobileMan
Spree
Spree

Post by HuskieMobileMan »

make it faster
'87 Elite SE50 w/65cc Polini Kit
'84 Aero NH125
'84 Aero NH80
'05 Kymco ZX50