FLOAT VALVE???? CARB PROBLEM!!!! HELP!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

stepitup
Noob
Noob

FLOAT VALVE???? CARB PROBLEM!!!! HELP!

Post by stepitup »

Ok, so i got the docs on here on how to clean a carb properly. I thought i had the float valve in, but i'm pretty sure it is stuck and i did it wrong. Any suggestions on how to properly re-assemble the float, float valve so it can float freely...thanks

:oops: :cry:
mikehailwood
Goped
Goped

Post by mikehailwood »

Slide the needle onto the slot of the float. Slide the pivot pin into the float pivot arm (without letting the needle slide out). I know. You need 3 small hands to do this properly. Holding the float, delicately insert the needle into the seat while making sure the pivot pin lays into the groove on the carb. Install the keeper screw and you should be done. Hold the carb in your hand in its' upright position. The float should drop down a bit opening the needle valve. Push the float up and the needle should close. To test this before installing the bowl, hold the carb in the upright position with the float hanging down (valve should be open). Test this by blowing air into the brass inlet fitting (yes, use your lips). You should hear air going through the valve. Now push the float up to close the needle and blow into the inlet tube. No air should go through. You should be ready to assemble and install the carb.
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

I had the same problem,my problem was when i put the valve on i put it on wrong and it made gas just flow out.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Besides just putting the needle in w/o putting it in the slot, I don't see how ANYONE can put the float back together wrong. NO OFFENSE to anyone who has though. PM me if you have put the float back together wrong, I'd love to hear how you managed to do that.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

LMAO - Blu :lol: