takeoff

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

usdthrone23
Noob
Noob

takeoff

Post by usdthrone23 »

when i accelerate the back end kind of jumps up and down but after that it runs fine until i slow down and take off again any ideas?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

make sure that your tire is on correct. it might be out of blance
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Something that is very rarely mentioned in this forum is to also
drain your old tranny fluid out and put new stuff in.
Just unscrew drain bolt and tip spree to the side until all old fluid is drained out.
Tip spree upright and squirt new oil with oil can until fluid is even with bottom of bolt hole. Use 10w-40 oil.
hondaspree84
Noob
Noob

Post by hondaspree84 »

can you add more detail on this... where is the screw?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

by the back tire where the cluch is at there is a 10mm nut there.
usdthrone23
Noob
Noob

Post by usdthrone23 »

at first i thought it was the belt drive but the belts fine so im thinking its something with the clutch if i cant fix it on my own im going to take it up to a local shop to see if they can if anyone else has any info let me know
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Yeah unless your pretty well schooled in these small engines and have the proper tools to change and inspect the clutch your probably farther ahead in letting a professional do it. That way if they screw something up they are responsible for it.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

One other thing you might try is adjusting your rear brake. Its that little knob type nut at the end of your brake cable down by the rear wheel.
Your brake pads might also be dragging. Turn knob to left to lessen the drag on the brakes. Of course if you lessen it too much you wont have rear brakes.
usdthrone23
Noob
Noob

Post by usdthrone23 »

i tried adjusting my rear brake but that didnt help either i dont know what else to try
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

When you have it on its stand and its running does the wheel spin true when you give it gas? If it doesn't wobble and wheel rotaotes straight then it just might be something in your clutch or transmission.
If the wheel wobbles or doesnt run true then it might be a bad rim or bad tire. If its the clutch or transmission I would recommend downloading the Spree Service Manual if you want to try and tackle that yourself.
usdthrone23
Noob
Noob

Post by usdthrone23 »

when i start it up on the kickstand and give it alittle gas you can hear a bumping like noise but after that it runs great same thing when its on the ground when you accelerate the back end kind of jumps up and down but after that it runs fine so im thinking its the clutch but i dont know ?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yep that happend with mine the cluch was so worn that it made it shake and do some other crazy things. it is time for a new one