Okay, new belt and rollers, but have 2 problems

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Burgleflickle
BMX
BMX

Okay, new belt and rollers, but have 2 problems

Post by Burgleflickle »

88 sa50 with 8000 miles
The engine runs well, and it starts on the first kick.(when the kickstart wants to engage) When it started bogging down, I replaced the rollers in the variator(flat spots) and also the drive belt.

1: It still won't go over 15. I'm wondering if I need to either replace the spring on the driven face, or just clean the clutch.

2: The bulb is in tact, but the brake light won't work. The electric start also doesn't work. Should I look at the relay?
"This whole thing is a travesty and a sham and a mockery! It's a traveshamockery!"

"No making up words sir."

"Burgleflickle!"
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Check the fuse.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Burgleflickle
BMX
BMX

Post by Burgleflickle »

thanks man. is it more common for the spring to go, or the clutch pads getting oily?
"This whole thing is a travesty and a sham and a mockery! It's a traveshamockery!"

"Burgleflickle!"
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Oily clutch pads? *!?! That would slip like nothing else.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Burgleflickle
BMX
BMX

Post by Burgleflickle »

Hey, I'm still new to working on scooters. I haven't done anything to the clutch yet, only the belt and rollers. I'm just not sure what to look at more closely. It sounds like the pads are the first place to go to.

"Burgleflickle!"
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Try checking the final drive pulley, take the center spring & clutch off, twist the pulley out if it binds the s-groove that the 2 pins ride on is shot, you can take off the outer sleeve and grease it which most people never do, a new one from honda goes for about $130 and you can't use the cheaper 3 pin dio cuz the case is to small.
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!