Please Help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

matt
Goped
Goped

Please Help

Post by matt »

I have a 86 spree(84carb) and 2 intakes. I filed one out and put in on and it topped out at 23mph and it used to top out at 28. Also has a slow response. Got back home and changed the carb settings then spun the tire for about 10 seconds in the grass and took off and bogged out. I changed the settings back to normal and it still barely idle and it boggs out. parked it checked everything and it looked normal and turned the motor over and it seems normal. No noises or anything. Its to dark now to do anything but i dont think the intake is causing this. Tomorrow ill change it back and see what happens.
Ducktape fixes everything.
matt
Goped
Goped

Post by matt »

anyone know if i can get a piston,rings,and head gasket for under 50 bucks.
Ned
Noob
Noob

Post by Ned »

I rebuilt my Spree engine about two weeks ago. New rings were $25.34. The jug and head gaskets totaled $8.10. I don't know about piston prices, though. I had to replace my wrist bearing, both crank bearings and oil seals too because my engine had sat for some time. The crank shaft bearings alone were like $20 apiece.
matt
Goped
Goped

Post by matt »

I am a a DUMBS... my fuel gage dont work and i ran it out of gas and didnt even think about it. When my dad gets home tonight i will check the compresion. it seem to turn over by hand really easy.