NQ-50 spree's carb help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

Just took it for a test drive around 1 mile or so with like 6 starts from a stop. It will just do just 25mph. When I go WOT it just gasps like the fuel is GONE. That's like anything above 1/2 throttle tries to kill eng. Very Good idle and low RPM throttle. This bike only has 950 miles on it

What now?
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

The stock filter is hard to describe they are only $5 at a honda dealer.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

Maybe I missed it and hope I did not * anyone off, but I'm looking for what to look at next that could cause the bike to not take gas as I described.

All I can think of is take it all apart agian and look. I still need to mess with that Auto Bystarter.

Thanks for the tip on the filters. I pick a pair up and get some Honda Oil
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

ttt

Hey it's the weekend and my favorite task lol

anyone

Trying to get an idea what to look for.
NQ-50 will not take gas above like 1/2 throttle. I can ease it up to like 25mph but it gasps if a squeeze in anymore. Had the carb off 4 times now I know lol

Odd part is on this last go around, it worked perfect for maybe 2 min when 1st started.
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
realgraverobber
Noob
Noob

Post by realgraverobber »

My 84 Spree is doing the EXACT same thing. Let it sit and idle 10 seconds, or with engine off for same and it takes off fine.

When the floatbowl gets low it bogs and will die if I do not keep a low throttle setting.

These bikes are not taking fuel from the tank! I've checked everything. I think mine has a problem in the carb preventing fuel from flowing in at all/sporadic/insufficient rate.

sux
pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

If you every find out why, let me know and I'll do the same. Just post in on this thread. I'll get an email notification like this time.

I have concluded that this little issue has bested this sites SME's :cry:

Mine is odd and this may be a big HINT. I had my carb off at least 4 times. Upon stating and running after the last time, it worked 100% perfect for maybe 3 min . Now hot or cold, it feels like it will not take the fuel above 1/2 throttle. :?: :roll:
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Take a look a the recent thread "Fuel Question" posted by Gobucks. He had a vacuum petcock that flowed fuel, just not enough for full throttle. Could check the fuel strainer in the tank too.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Running without a stock unmolested airbox/filter will make it run like s*** and burn it up.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.