Could someone post pic of inline fuel filter?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

nelly
BMX
BMX

Could someone post pic of inline fuel filter?

Post by nelly »

Hi guys,
I have the stock fuel filter installed, but it looks as though there is a small crack in the plastic running top to bottom so it's probably not filtering 100%.
I'm installing my new smaller jet this weekend, Spree had a #68 changing to a #65 to see if it will run better, and thought I'd put an inline fuel filter in too, just not sure what type/size I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Steve
nelly
BMX
BMX

Post by nelly »

I guess I could just use this thing they call the 'Internet' and look for one myself...LOL.. :wink:

Anyhow, for anyone interested, here's a site I found with a couple different types.

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/fuelvalves.html
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

Go to lawn and garden store (Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, Wal-Mart, Sears), buy a Briggs and Stratton or other brand filter for a lawn mower. Anyone of them will do since the typical lawn engine is rated north of 2.5hp so it will handle the fuel flow of the Spree. Just ask to make sure it is for a gravity fed carb vs. a fuel pump carb. There is a difference. They also are directional so make sure to point them in the proper direction.

I will assume you will know where to put it and how to put it there. If not look at the lawn mowers there and see how it is mounted on the fuel line. Should be a no brainer.
Jeremy Ferch
1985 Spree (NQ50) - Mid restoration