Spree missing key...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

rekonize
Noob
Noob

Spree missing key...

Post by rekonize »

So i found an awesome deal on a honda spree, supposedly has all the bodywork and etc etc, but is missing the key, for 100$ WOW. the guy says he cant get it to turn over. (obviously) is it possible to use the key from my other spree in this ignition, or could i rewire the leads so its always on? or put a switch in it myself? im not really worried about someone picking up my scoot and taking it away.

ideas?

-Adib
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The key from you other Spree will likely fit in the slot but I doubt it will turn the switch. If you bring in the ignition switch, a locksmith can make a key that will turn it.

The bike's ignition switch does the same thing as the light switch in your home. It connects or disconnects two wires. (only your house lights usually don't need a key :) ) You can bypass the keyed ignition switch at any point in the circuit by "hotwiring" those two (or more) wires together. You will need to research the wiring diagram for your model to know what two or more colors you need to connect. The problem with doing only that is your lights will run the battery down unless you insert a second, non-key-operated switch somewhere else i n the circuit. And of course anyone who finds that switch can start your bike.:evil:

I'd go with plan A in the first paragraph. Maybe $20?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH