Spree NQ-50 oil injector

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Spree NQ-50 oil injector

Post by pcs0snq »

I searched and read but could not find.

I have tw NQ-50 bikes and my older dependable one had a real bad smoke issue. Thick smoke running. I swapped pumps from my 2nd newer bike and now the older one is perfect. Now to the pump.

Turning the shaft with a drill I expected to see some flow yet none at all. No idea the spin direction or what the flow would be at simulated 30mph???

I did not see anything busted so I drilled out the cover and pulled the gear and spring valve out.

Anyone ever get this deep into one? and knows why it would seem to inject too much oil as it aged or failed?

thanks
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Pump seals go bad, they leak trough the shaft seal into the crank. Need crank vacuum to simulate leak. That thing is spinning FAST at WOT faster than a drill. with the bike idling the pump should make ~1 drop every 10 seconds.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

thnaks is the seal an o ring on the shaft that pulls out with pump in hand? Oil in crank case, does that cause her to smoke bad?
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Never had a pump apart, people tell me you cant rebuild one, I dont believe them. More oil in crank than a lil bit barely touching crank wheels is a sign of a blown pump.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

pcs0snq wrote:thnaks is the seal an o ring on the shaft that pulls out with pump in hand? Oil in crank case, does that cause her to smoke bad?
There is always oil in the crankcase as the fuel/oil/air mixture moves thru the crankcase. That's how the bearings on the crank get oiled. It if there is too much oil in the crankcase (leaking seal) then that oil gets taken along with the fuel/oil/air mixture into the cylinder and is burned there. That's what causes the heavy smoke.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

Well I replaced it with one from ebay and all is good. Seller tossed it in the carb deal for $10 more.

The carb was a deal of a life time. Now both my NQ-50's are running perfect.

check out this score! woot!

Darn just looked and the pic's are gone.
It included a perfect By-starter and the carb was almost spotless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123
paul
NQ-50 2 of them