my plan is in motion !!!!!!!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

nysnowborder
Spree
Spree

my plan is in motion !!!!!!!!

Post by nysnowborder »

just bought a keli hi speed variator
new stock piston
new stock piston rings
new piston clips
new piston rod
new spark plug (bpr4)

cleaned carb thoroughly
cleaned cylinder head
clean exhaust
cleaned exhaust port

it is a 1987 Honda elite s 50
was topping out around 33 on flats

about what will me top speed be after broken in?
and tell me what you think
Wheelman-111

Top Speed

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

My '87 Aero shares your scooter's powerplant specs. After its resurrection, with 2900 Miles on the odo, it ran an easy 37 bone stock. With a new top end and Keli HSV, I will guess yours will get to 44. Vary throttle position constantly for the first tank or 2. Adjust your oil pump to open all the way at full throttle or sooner. Why did you go with # 4 plug? Suggest 9g weights & stock spring.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
nysnowborder
Spree
Spree

Post by nysnowborder »

sounds good to me . i went with hot plug because i had compression problems b4 rebuild i think i wont need it but just in case.

i have another motor the same exact one can the elite use dio parts?
i was thinking about completely rebuilding(is currently torn down) and putting a
keli clutch
keli variator
polini corsa kit
and making it a stroker
is this possible?
1987 Honda elite 50 s
keli pulley
rebuilt motor
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

87 elite shares the engine with nb50, some 94-01 sa50 parts interchange, like the clutch and variator, but the head stud spacing is much larger on the sa50, so the cylinders dont, the crank doesnt, and the exhaust port is different, so no exhaust crossovers....nuts!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

What werx said is correct, I believe. One more thing - the only Polini kit I was able to locate for my Aero NB50/SE50 is called a Contesta. Its 47 mm cylinder is the largest that will fit within the stud spacing, apparently. With the stock 37.4mm stroke, it yields a hair under 65 cc.

VT Cycles has an "Import" (= Taiwanese - not well-regarded here...) kit for under a hundred bucks. The piston is a 46 mm for 62cc final displacement.

You can't get more unless you stroke - replace the crank. Replacement cranks are probably even rarer than piston/cylinder kits, and then there are clearance and port timing considerations.

Unless you're prepared to deal with all this, it seems you'll have to settle for 65 cc. Mine approaches 45, but it feels like it could go a lot faster (OK, well, somewhat faster...) if the engine had more to chew on. It feels like it revs up past its torque peak once the variator opens up the driven pulley and then just tops out. Maybe a bigger back tire... hmmm.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Wheelman, have you considered taking the Dio gears that you were shipped (in error) and having them machined to fit in your Aero case?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Wheelman-111

Adapting SA to SE

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Briefly considered. Attentively read up on the process. Decided the considerable work involved would likely result in overall gearing that the semi-stock Polini 65 could not handle. 2:1 secondary = Too tall! Furthermore the gears would become unsellable.

They belong in an 82cc (or bigger...) bore with suitable carburetion and exhaust and a fearless pilot. In that context they would make for one scary-fast Elite!
Wheelman-111
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

well the only gear ratio offered was an 8 to1 malossi= 65mph with my old nb-50 engine, over heating was a problem, metal fan shroud was a jole.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!