another Auto bystarter question

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

another Auto bystarter question

Post by pcs0snq »

Yes I read the how it works and also the service manual, but I could not find how it works if "in hand". My coil is good, but it does not seem to move the center needle or outer sleeve. I pushed in in with my finger and don't feel it move as I would expect. I tried various position as I power it on and off. No motion. Is it bad? Can anyone describe how it should work if it in you hand?

My NQ-50 starts and dies after 2 to 5 sec of idle and will not take gas. I can try it 10 times and same deal. The bowl does have gas. This ones is busting me up.
paul
NQ-50 2 of them
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

To test the bystarter when out of the carb, note the position of the brass collar and needle. Then apply 12vdc, and watch over a several minute period. Bystarter should heat up, and extend the collar and needle.

The service manual shows air checks you can make w/o removing the bystarter. The airflow checks also demonstrate that the bystarter extends as it warms up.
---

If it sounds like its dying lean, check out the little orifice between the main carb bowl and brass bystarter tube. If partially or completely clogged it can cause that symptom. Also, if you haven't already - check the carb idle jet.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Sounds to me like it needs a carb cleaning.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
pcs0snq
BMX
BMX

Post by pcs0snq »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Sounds to me like it needs a carb cleaning.
OMG Not again lol

You may be right. I'll check it and see if it moves this time with patients
:oops:
paul
NQ-50 2 of them