*& Spree is eating my brain...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

gitmonc
Noob
Noob

*& Spree is eating my brain...

Post by gitmonc »

Hey all,
My spree is giving me fits!
I just installed a new motor I bought through e-bay a while back cauz my last/orig one died do to piston/ring failure. Anyway, I finally got the new motor to run but it only ran with the rear brake leaver pulled in at a certain spot. Seemed to have nothing to do with the brake light activation switch, as it would only run with the leaver up against the grip and not a hair off.. I figured there must be a ground issue somewhere but I of course let out all the adjustment on the rear brake and took off for a test spin. And of course it junked out..
I have spark, and I have fuel, but now it won't start again. I pulled the covers and looked through all the wiring, disconnected & tried the brake light activation switch and reconnected then grounded to no avail.
I went through all the elect. troubleshooting checks in the spree manual and everything seems to be o.k.
I'm gonna try a new plug but it will take several days to order and receive as I am on an island and have no plugs left.
Any ideas are appreciated..
Thank you..
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Odd. Isn't the brake light switch the same used to kill the electric start? These shouldn't be related. I'm guessing that you hooked something electrically up wrong during the engine swap.

Otherwise sounds like you have a dirty carb. Remove and clean. Check back if you need anything further.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products