1987 spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Jason
Noob
Noob

1987 spree

Post by Jason »

I recently purchased a 1987 spree and was wanting advice, knowlegde, and expertise. What are some things that I should and would need to do? what needs cleaning, replacing, adjusting, because I have no background of motorcycles or scooters.
Thank you all for your time, and I hope that things will work out for my Spree and me.
Jim
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jim »

well does it run? doesnt really matter lol. I would first clean the carb of course. Then clean up the tank if its rusty, change the oil and gas, clean the fuel filter and oil filter, change the spark plug. And if you have alot of time free, decarbonize the combustion chamber, if you do all that you pretty much have a brand new spree. :)
86 Honda Spree - Lawn Ornament
83 Suzuki GS450E - Sold
92 Honda CBR600 F2 - Current Daily driver
Spree Repair Guide
Jason
Noob
Noob

Post by Jason »

It runs, I just want it to run as best as possible.
Jerry
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

running as well as possible

Post by Jerry »

Get yourself a repair manual and FOLLOW the advice given for maintenance etc. Schedule maintenance regularly. A little grease or shot of oil now saves a lot of headaches later.
Scoot safely
Jason
Noob
Noob

Post by Jason »

The manual is in the mail, that was the first thing that I did. Also found out that it is a 1986, not 87. I'm guessing that the guy didn't ever look at the VIN number, because it was there, 1986.