Honda Metropolitan Variator on an Elite SE50P

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

cpiunno
Noob
Noob

Honda Metropolitan Variator on an Elite SE50P

Post by cpiunno »

Just wanted to let everybody know that I was able to use the variator, variator plate, and rollers off of a Metropolitan I found at a junk yard. The cylindrical shaft bushing variator glide thing from the Elite SE50P fits perfectly inside the Metro variator. The drive shaft on the metro is a little bit bigger so you can not use the Metro shaft bushing variator glide thingy. And lastly, the Metropolitan variator has a bigger circumference, and I had to slightly dremel the case for it to fit. But I am talking very slightly. It only hits in one place, and it is only about 1mm too big.

Runs great, hit 38 mph and I still have yet to do the exhaust.
-Carmen
bigluelok
Elite
Elite

Re: Honda Metropolitan Variator on an Elite SE50P

Post by bigluelok »

same goes for the ruck variator
CH80
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

bigluelok wrote:same goes for the ruck variator
That is because they are the same variator, but the stock weights are different.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

cpiunno wrote:Just wanted to let everybody know that I was able to use the variator, variator plate, and rollers off of a Metropolitan I found at a junk yard.
Jeez,that would be great news if we knew what you're talking about! Do you have pictures? Or can you describe in better detail what it is that you did? As near as I can guess, you modified a variator from an older scooter with parts from a newer scooter. But beyond that, you lost me. One reason is that Honda changes the names of scooter from one area to another, so I have no idea what a "Metropolitan" or an "Elite" is. Any chance you could supply more information? Photos are best.
Bugaboo
Spree
Spree

Post by Bugaboo »

Thanks for the info. Amazing how similar these scooters stay over the years
It's official! I'm addicted
bigluelok
Elite
Elite

Post by bigluelok »

JJ Joseph wrote:
cpiunno wrote:Just wanted to let everybody know that I was able to use the variator, variator plate, and rollers off of a Metropolitan I found at a junk yard.
Jeez,that would be great news if we knew what you're talking about! Do you have pictures? Or can you describe in better detail what it is that you did? As near as I can guess, you modified a variator from an older scooter with parts from a newer scooter. But beyond that, you lost me. One reason is that Honda changes the names of scooter from one area to another, so I have no idea what a "Metropolitan" or an "Elite" is. Any chance you could supply more information? Photos are best.
metro i believe is a Honda Scoopy In Japan.
CH80
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

bigluelok wrote:metro i believe is a Honda Scoopy In Japan.
It also goes by the name Jazz...
This page for metro pics/info.
This page for elite pics/info.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.