Ramp Plate Rappin'

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Ramp Plate Rappin'

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

A celebrated Vendor recently tossed in a couple of "Freebies" to repay a favor, namely these well-reputed Ramp Plates:
The Inside Story:
Now both plates are about the same diameter and effective height, but the clear differences in ramp angle as well as how far outward the rollers have to travel before the ramp plate adds its contribution to variator movement is obvious. Keep in mind that the movable drive face also has ramps - although curved.

I have yet to comparison test these - already had an SEF. My thinking is that the steeper SEF plate will leave the engine in a lower gear longer. I cannot help but wonder if the steepness of the ramps means that much heavier weights and/or higher RPM are required to get the variator to move all the way out.

Anyone with thoughts/observations/half-assed opinions may chime in here. This may be Stickied as a Technical Document, so be nice.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Ramp Plate Rappin'

Post by z50r-ghost »

-Those are some great favor-swap-freebies, Mr. Wheelman. :2thumbs:

I have tried a ton of ramp plates, and i love the SEF; you are right-the SEF ramp plate is pretty steep.

Im biased, though... I love anything SEF. :wink:

later, jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
Roaster
BMX
BMX

Re: Ramp Plate Rappin'

Post by Roaster »

I'm looking at getting the POLINI MODIFIED RAMP w/ ROLLERS from DAYWOT over on ebay. i was just curious if its actually worth the price hes asking, at the very least those weights look pretty sweet haha.

Would i be better off just going with the SEF and some assortment of rollers?

price does matter but ultimately i think longevity and performance are of equal importance as price.

thanks for the dope RAP session ha,
Kyle