Malossi MHR or Polini Corsa

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Malossi MHR or Polini Corsa

Post by KingJeff801 »

I am thinking about building another 72cc, I have a Corsa now and love it and am wondering if the MHR is equal or better with it being aluminum?
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
kylebo
BMX
BMX

Re: Malossi MHR or Polini Corsa

Post by kylebo »

I do not know about the malossi aluminum, but the malossi cast bore will take the corsa anyday of the week. I swaped my corsa for a cast malossi running the exact set up. It I had to drop the roller weight and up-jet lots more rpm and no top speed on the new set up!
01 dio, polini 72cc, 8.4 gears, 28oko, ruima crank, PG short, ported intake, 42.3 rolls

2nd build
86 aero
10-1 secondary gears form a dio.
arisol 46mm
pg short
carb? not yet
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Malossi aluminum 72cc. Can go over 420f no problem had those over 5,000 miles on af16. It just how you tune the motor... I will say Malossi aluminum better than corsa...
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

veedubh20 wrote: I will say Malossi aluminum better than corsa...
X2
.......but cast iron bore would probably last longer in the long run.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Post by sum-azn-kid »

CORSA! man when i first got the bike she seized(first time premixing lol) and i just honed and changed piston she still hammer. I never ran an alum bore yet... but I'd rather run the corsa. I did try running the corsa with the MHR piston(dome top so WAY more psi and both chrome rings) it was at 180psi... so i had to add gaskets and drop it to 135-140. she pulled hard but was super hot...
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

My malossi cast iron is the way to go unless you plan on using the mhr for race. Aluminum bores suck that's why vt doesn't sell them anymore
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

kingkamehameha wrote:My malossi cast iron is the way to go unless you plan on using the mhr for race. Aluminum bores suck that's why vt doesn't sell them anymore
After a quick search, I notice ALL of your posts are garbage :jack:
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

kingkamehameha wrote:My malossi cast iron is the way to go unless you plan on using the mhr for race. Aluminum bores suck that's why vt doesn't sell them anymore
WHAT!!!! if thats the case, the big name companies wouldn't make it. and the reason why vt doesn't bring it in cuz most of the guys there in hawaii want to buy polini bores cuz its the "Do as the romans do" syndrome. so why bring malossi bores if the polini bores will sell quicker. if you want a malossi mhr bore, steve will get it in.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

bakaracer wrote:
WHAT!!!! if thats the case, the big name companies wouldn't make it. and the reason why vt doesn't bring it in cuz most of the guys there in hawaii want to buy polini bores cuz its the "Do as the romans do" syndrome. so why bring malossi bores if the polini bores will sell quicker. if you want a malossi mhr bore, steve will get it in.
So i have a corsa ..... is the mhr worth building or pretty much the same outcome? i am also thinking about buying that malossi crank from red too... i would assume it will work better with a malossi bore than polini?
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

if you have a polini bore already then use that one. they both compete in the same class. the aluminum will run cooler. the advantage of the cast iron bore is that you can rebore it if you seize to the next size no problem. the aluminum you will have to renickle plate it which can get pricey. as for using the malossi crank with the corsa, it will work great. the full counter weighted crank plus it being a stuffer style will help in getting the rpms up quicker and higher and get the air/fuel mixture in faster due to a higher case pressure from the stuffer crank.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Both bores are great. But being able to re bore the corsa is really the only plus over the MHR. MHR has better cooling cause its aluminum. MHR has bigger boost port. MHR makes peak power about 1000 RPMs higher than corsa.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
kauaikai
BMX
BMX

Post by kauaikai »

sum-azn-kid wrote:CORSA! man when i first got the bike she seized(first time premixing lol) and i just honed and changed piston she still hammer. I never ran an alum bore yet... but I'd rather run the corsa. I did try running the corsa with the MHR piston(dome top so WAY more psi and both chrome rings) it was at 180psi... so i had to add gaskets and drop it to 135-140. she pulled hard but was super hot...

how did you honed you corsa? what typr of hone did you use? im in the same situation as y
sym dd50
corsa scorp