Aero ct intake

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

bfresh527
Noob
Noob

Re: Aero ct intake

Post by bfresh527 »

Hey Turtle...How did it work out?
I have an 86 Aero 50, with a Airsal 65cc bore kit, Leo Vince Pipe, pulley, weights etc. (stock intake-carb)
I want to change the intake but having a really hard time finding an Intake manifold, Reed Block & Carb (19-21mm) combo that fits. What will bolt on the stock Aero crankcase? Please help....
Thanks
:coolcruise:
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

in the realm of fitting under the platics and everything, it works out fantastic! however i am having a * of a time getting this 19 mm oko jetted to where it will actually idle...
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
S4Patrick
Elite
Elite

Post by S4Patrick »

Great news on the all the intake/ carb parts fitting under the bodywork.

The Intake manifold bolted right onto the engine case?

Did you have to fabricate a shim/ spacer to allow for the intake manifold to "clear" the trans case area? Have any pictures of this spacer you could post up?

How about a pic or two of how it currently looks?

As far as idle, make sure everything is properly sealed up--carb intake manifold gaskets, cylinder base & head gaskets included.
'87 Aero 50 STOCK (only 350miles)
'87 Aero (AF16 Corsa-PG-Short-OKO24mm-8.44)
'86 Aero (AF16 Corsa-SEF Black-OKO21mm-8.44)
'98 Live Dio ZX - 50th Anniversary Edition 68cc
'92 Super Dio ZX - AF18 Corsa

Visit: http://www.airtoolsforless.com
niftyman
Spree
Spree

Post by niftyman »

I made a adapter to fit a CT intake to my se50 ill be using a 21mm oko i also have the malossi bbk i used a 5mm alloy plate to make it fit i just made a copy of the factory intake where it bolts up one of the holes just misses by a couple of mm so i sloted that hole on the ct it all bolts up nicely now i havent started it up yet so i cant help with jetting
DJ1

NEK MINNIT

Malossi
DJ1 54mph
dio gear swap in progress
living in chch NZ
earthquake central
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

So I am not to sure about the overall quality of the piece I purchased, as it broke tonight after reassembly... On the plus side I think I found the problem, I had a tear in the base gasket.
I also finished making my CT adapter out of an old intake I had, chopped off the base and cut the appropriate hole. It ended up being a necessity to have the adapter this thick to keep the carb from hitting the case. However with a stack of intake equipment I think the excess of gaskets led to the failure of the oko intake as it allowed the base to flex... There is the gasket, adapter, gasket, aero 80 reed block, gasket, intake stuffer, gasket then the oko intake. If you ask me that is to many gaskets, I wish I could go without the stuffer, but the reed opening is small enough that it would cause a * of a lot of turbulence if I did so.
So I guess it is a wait till pay day situation so I can order a new intake. That is unless someone has a small CT black they want to sell.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame