Has anybody tried this big bore kit???

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Beansdaddy09
Goped
Goped

Has anybody tried this big bore kit???

Post by Beansdaddy09 »

i was looking around on ebay and was wondering if this big bore kit would fit my 87 honda elite 50cc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-bore-Barrel ... 2c5ed6fe62

^^^^^ thats the link, please let me know if you think it would be something worth trying or a complete waste of money. thanks guys i really appreciate everyone's input.
Beansdaddy09
Goped
Goped

Re: Has anybody tried this big bore kit???

Post by Beansdaddy09 »

i also was wondering if 24.95 is a decent price for this jet kit and also which jet should i use with a stock 87 elite and im wanting to ad a muffler from a non regulated elite it fits good but when i bolted up and test rode it smoke like * so i was told i need to upjet so please let me know if this kit has what i need and if the price is right thanks again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAYTONA-JET-PAC ... 3f16651b16
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm guessing nobody here has tried it. It sure looks like it'll fit the AF05E variated engines in the '85-Later Aero and '87-'93 Elite scooters here in the U. S. and A., but it's not clear from the listing what size the piston/cylinder is. Maybe post a question? If it's 47mm, that nets out to 65 cc on your Elite.
The years "1984-88" do not correspond to US models. The '83-'84 Aeros here used a completely different bore/stroke and parts that fit them likely will not fit the '85-later Aeros.
The Daytona jet kit is pretty much the only way to get jets to fit the PA carb larger than 88. Is the price fair? It doesn't matter, because unless you can roll your own, there isn't any other option.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Beansdaddy09
Goped
Goped

Post by Beansdaddy09 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I'm guessing nobody here has tried it. It sure looks like it'll fit the AF05E variated engines in the '85-Later Aero and '87-'93 Elite scooters here in the U. S. and A., but it's not clear from the listing what size the piston/cylinder is. Maybe post a question? If it's 47mm, that nets out to 65 cc on your Elite.
The years "1984-88" do not correspond to US models. The '83-'84 Aeros here used a completely different bore/stroke and parts that fit them likely will not fit the '85-later Aeros.
The Daytona jet kit is pretty much the only way to get jets to fit the PA carb larger than 88. Is the price fair? It doesn't matter, because unless you can roll your own, there isn't any other option.

ha "roll your own" thats funny.

alright then im gonna get the jet kit and ill ask a few questions on the bore kit before i bother asking the Warden

thanks wheelman
Duke
Spree
Spree

Post by Duke »

I contacted the seller of that kit and he said he would NOT ship to the USA :cry:
87 Elite 50
99 Aprilia SR50 Carb polini
02 Aprilia SR50 Ditech busted soon to rock gy6 150cc power!
1973 Suzuki TS185 smoker!
2002 KTM Duke