Just in time for spring

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Paintpsycho
BMX
BMX

Just in time for spring

Post by Paintpsycho »

I am in the process of tearing down my 3rd generation build sa50 and planning an almost complete new direction this time. I know it's late in the year to start this since spring is here now but I was out riding enjoying nice weather for a change and had a very kind driver show me how far you can slide at 50mph and the human body does in fact bounce on asphalt. So now I'm not only stuck in a cast on my right leg but an almost completely destroyed ride. The initial impact took out the entire right side destroying the crank right case right cover pg pipe floor and crank as well as bending the motor mount. Thank god I had the plastic off on the rear for spring tuning but the paint job on the now destroyed front cover is long gone. Well to get to my point I am going to need a new right case half I think I can save the flywheel floor and a new right cover if anybody can help with that. The rest I just need info. My case is currently milled out in back to make room for the 3.50x10 michelin s1 tire but lately I have seen a few people running 12's. Where can I find them and what tire size is it that your running. I also plan on stretching it and swapping out the front end and would like to find something like the gy6 front and rear disk brake setup. If anybody could point me in the right direction for the gy6 fronts like the one special ed did and I have to say I love the handlebar setup and thinking of adding that to the list. So any help would be great I have have 6 weeks in a cage with this cast and already have the new engine parts coming just not the ones I stated so that will be done in plenty of time. Help a brother out here guys I seek your infinite wisdom on this thanks.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Just in time for spring

Post by mousewheels »

>... Well to get to my point I am going to need a new right case half I think I can save the flywheel floor and a new right cover if anybody can help with that..>
Please post to the Wanted/For Sale forum rather than Builds.

>..My case is currently milled out in back to make room for the 3.50x10 michelin s1 tire but lately I have seen a few people running 12's
12's do not fit a SA50 case. IRC - Kymco zx50 will fit 12"

>..If anybody could point me in the right direction for the gy6 fronts like the one special ed did and I have to say I love the handlebar setup...

In the build thread you reference, author 'graphite' says the fork is: 'my personal built ruckus/elite triple tree'
Here's a link to graphite's fork setup in Wanted/For Sale http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=25945