Please help me decide on an Exhaust.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

SE50_4_ME
Goped
Goped

Please help me decide on an Exhaust.

Post by SE50_4_ME »

Hi everyone :hi:

Please help me decide on an exhaust for my 1994 Honda Dio SK50. Australia/JDM spec. (same as profile pic)
It currently has a variator, no limit cdi (blue), Big bore kit, 100 main jet, and mix screw all the way out.
Running Stock carb, stock final drive gears, stock clutch/spring etc.

I was wondering what exhaust I should get.... it is out of these two, unless someone can recommend me something else.
please see:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Performance- ... 666wt_1125

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-Dio-ZX ... 390wt_1125

They also need to me able to ship international, as I am located in Australia.

I prefer the look of the second one, but I am looking for
the best mid range torque and some higher top speed would be a bonus... (Basically best bang for buck.)

Any help recommendations advise would be most grateful.
Last edited by SE50_4_ME on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Please help me decide on an Exhaust.

Post by paulpauly7 »

what is a blue big bore kit ? air screw all the way out? the top link with the V8 pipe would be best for tourqe and low down power.You wont gain anymore top speed unless you can get more rpms out of the motor or you change final drive gears to 9:1
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
SE50_4_ME
Goped
Goped

Post by SE50_4_ME »

Hi. Sorry, the blue was describing the colour of the CDI. (I think it says "No limit" on it)

Should i not adjust the air screw on the carb ???

Sorry, but i am a bit of a noob when it comes to modifiying, this is the first bike i've ever performance modified a bike.
I was having heart palpitations just changing the variator. But thanks to this forum, (& youtube) I am slowly learning.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

you adjust the air/fuel screw for the highest idle then adjust the idle screw to set the idle at the correct place
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

The best low to mid range torque would be the V8 (first link); I think for the most part you'd be happy with this pipe. It's a good overall pipe. You'd have to change out gears to gain more top speed. With your upgraded bbk & pipe; you're looking at 45~50+ mph. Questions to ask yourself: How fast do you want to go? or be happy with?

I'm currently running a similar setup with stock carb (rejetted) and running a pipe that's similar to the V8 (SEF Black) but I have upgraded gears and I'm hitting 45~50mph.
alexfleury
Spree
Spree

Post by alexfleury »

The second one looks very similar to my Technigas, I also have a V8 on another bike. The V8 is louder for sure ! The technigas is almost as quiet as the stock pipe
Life May Not Be
The Party We Wished For
But While We Are Here
We Might As Well
Dance
Wiscompton
Goped
Goped

Post by Wiscompton »

You don't have any domestic scooter shops down under?

$50 shipping, a full 50% increase in cost, seems absurd to me. Plus you would most likely wait a week or two for it.

If I were you, I would CALL an Aussie scooter shop, ask them what they had in a performance Dio pipe, ask them if they had any used pipes, and ask them what their best price is for a new customer just getting into scootering.

Build a relationship with a localish shop. Chances are you are going to need odds and ends over the course of time and a scooter shop with a couple donor bikes out back are the best for that.